Claas Jaguar 880T Field Shuttle [1/32]
Very present in the harvest of alfalfa, the Jaguar Field Shuttle of Claas are unfortunately no longer produced today.
There were several different versions, including this one, a Jaguar articulated to a selette to take directly to the field the lorry’s trailer.
Having a Norscott 880 Jaguar double in my collection, I will adapt a selette to make a Jaguar 880T. This model represents one of the first version of Jaguar 800 series; she has the green frame. For my model I want to make one of the last version that is to say with the grey chassis.
I’m going to start by making the back part, then I will modify the basic machine to make it more realistic and functional.
We begin with the complete deboning of the machine and the cutting of the existing rear axle. The rear “bumper” has to be disassembled also.
Beginning of the manufacture of the rear chassis. I got 4 John Deere Siku forwarder wheels, they have the right size and are quite beautiful.
The frame is, here, made of aluminum, you will understand why later. The wheels are mounted on a pendulum for tracking the terrain.
The fifth wheel is complete, its mounted on his frame with a spring to allow the trailer to track the terrain.
The rear part is practically finished at this stage so i begin the painting (original painting Claas) of the first elements.
Here we can see the chassis and the fifth wheel’s design.
I start the reassembly and the manufacture of the footboards.
The parts with no paint have been cleaned with acetone, it is the moving parts undergoing friction.
The entire rear part is mounted, ready to be coupled to the forage harvester.
And here is a picture of the result halfway (more or less). It remains all the forage harvester to modify.
Although Norscott is a good base for a good model, there is still some work to improve it.
I start by cutting the existing chopper unit to rework it in depth; of course, raising of the header as usual and new feed rollers.
You can also see the new wheels that are Artisan 32 wheels.
The frame and the block have a "grey" appearance because I sanded them to allow a better grip of the paint and glue.
I pushed the details until to make an opening chopper unit. I am not true to reality but I had to do with the place I had; the rotor has been made and the anvil.
Now we go to the pipe; modification of the pivot with installation of a hydraulic cylinder.
I also add a sheet to close it, then I made a functional cap with a hydraulic cylinder (one of the smallest I've ever done).
And of course the light, for night work. We can see the deflector in the lower position on the last picture.
For the machine, I'm good I think. Now a big job to do on the pickup. I already had a little experience with the PU300HD I had done a few years ago (visible here), so I know more or less or I go.
The first thing is to redo the bottom of the header so that it bends forwards as in reality. Then redo the white covers to get a finer look. After I realized the opening of the collector in case of jamming so articulation of the auger and packing rollers.
We also see that I refined the turns of the auger. Last small modification is the transport position of the gauge wheels with once again small cylinders.
And that's what it gives before painting. Always a Claas painting as for the back part. So disassembly of the elements of the machine, sanding zamac hoses (metal parts) for a more beautiful painting.
You will also notice that I removed the mirrors existing just before painting, they were not fine enough, they will be redone later.
Then reassembling the machine, the next step is painting the grass header.
One element I did not mention is the white sheet on the right of the machine's footboard; on the basic model it's just a tube assembly style "railing" as on the first versions of Jaguar 800 series. But as I chose one of the latest model, this guard is replaced by a solid sheet.
The grass header's parts are painted. i mounted it and put the "Pu 380 Hd" stickers.
I put the other stickers on the machine. I add new beacons and new mirrors because olders were very ugly.
Two last little change; i put new pick up fingers most thin than olders and i change the "plate" on the top of the header. The original plate had a "plastic" effect. On this picture you ca see how the two rollers can move.
The machine is done, it's time to make the trailer. I began by dissassembling the Fliegl Gigant and i made a middle frame to elevate the front of the trailer. This piece is located beween the main frame and the wheels. I know, it's a little strange to have a trailer that tilit like this but if you look the Benalu trailers, they are like that. I will put 2 crutch like on the lorries's trailer.
Thank you to follow this topic, I hope you enjoy this model !
Don’t hesitate to leave your comments, remarks or questions.